Tivoli AIX - Nways (New User)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Tivoli AIX - Nways (New User)
From: Michael Bock <MJBock@DSTSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 09:24:54 -0600
I have set up NWAYS and have most of the IBM HUBS/Switches on the IBM HUBS
TOPOLOGY map.

1) How do I get the other hubs/switches that are not on the IHT map yet to
show up?

2) Most icons for my switches are yellow or green. When launching NWAYS to
look at the backplane I have some of the icons green with the backplane
yellow ports and vice versa, the icon yellow with all ports green.

     a)  8270-800  shows yellow and has RS232 port yellow all others green,
can the RS232 port be
                      unmanaged, to get the icon symbol green on the IHT
map.
                b)  8272-216 shows green and has RS232 port yellow and
other ports 1, 2, 3 show yellow
                c)  Some icons that I have on IHT map, I am unable to drill
down into the NWAYS backplane, it
                     does not respond with a Nways Management screen at
all, could this be a bad NMM card?

Any help on these would be appreciated or point me to the manual location.
Thanks