Re: Tivoli AIX - Nways (New User)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli AIX - Nways (New User)
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:58:40 -0500
Mike - I'm not sure if this is the same "feature" that Leslie is referring
to, but all the IBM devices will have an icon on the interfaces submap
called psmStatusprop.  This icon can often be yellow or red even when all IP
interfaces are up, causing the device to turn yellow.  I believe it is
triggered, as Leslie mentioned, by non-ip events and traps.  In my case,
this customer doesn't care about those, so I have deleted that symbol from
most IBM devices.  I'm not sure the danger in doing so, but it does
eliminate the false (from an IP perspective) yellow symbols.