Re: Security Administration Menu greyed out...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Security Administration Menu greyed out...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:10:49 -0500
You mean that from the GUI, Administer -> Security Administration is greyed out?
This is normal if you have not turned security on, and it sounds like you
haven't.  To do that you run nvsec_admin outside the GUI, from the command line,
and when the window comes up, select Options -> Global Settings which will allow
you to turn it on.  But I wouldn't do that if you haven't read about security in
the Admin Guide.  You want to make sure you have set up a good profile first.
There's a whole chapter on it in V5 -- sorry I don't have a V4 to look at since
it is out of support -- but I thought there was info on that there too.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"David E. Dimond" <dimond@allina.com> on 12/29/99 04:25:51 PM

Please respond to dimond@allina.com