ovtopmd exits on signal 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovtopmd exits on signal 9
From: Eirik Tysse <eirik.tysse@DNB.NO>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 03:34:44 +0100
Happy Y2K all.
We brought down the NV daemons in our test environment before midnight the
31st and now ovtopmd won't start. We had this problem earler, and it seemed
to be a port conflict problem of some sort.
Ar reboot fixed it but not this time.

I haven't dared to try restarting the daemons in the production environment
yet, since everything is running fine there. That will have to wait until
tomorrow.

ovtopmd exits on signal 9

Here is what i tried:

ovstop
ovstop nvsecd
ovstart nvsecd
ovstart ovwdb
ovstart trapd
/usr/OV/bin/ovtopmd
The following message appears when trying to start ovtopmd:
ld.so.1: /usr/OV/bin/ovtopmd: fatal: libtas.so: open failed: No such file or
directory.
Killed

Any ideas ?
Hopefully not a Y2K issue ?

Environment (both test and production):
NV 5.1.1
Framework 3.6
Solaris 2.6

Regards,
Eirik Tysse
Den norske Bank
Network Management

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that DnB cannot
accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB Group.