Re: ovtopmd exits on signal 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd exits on signal 9
From: Donald Davis <don-n-darla@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:17:21 -0500
Eirik,
/etc/netnmrc  does NOT automatically source the Tivoli environment.
Create the following file which will be executed whenever /etc/netnmrc is
executed (by /etc/rc3.d/S99netnmrc at boot time):
/usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.pre
This file will contain this line:
.   /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

Be sure to make it executable:  chmod 755 /usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.pre
This only guarantees that the Tivoli environment is sourced at boot time,
or anytime you use /etc/netnmrc to start NetView daemons.
Be absolutely certain that the Tivoli environment is sourced
BEFORE running ovstart from the command line.
You can verify this with odadmin odlist. If it gives you some output, it's sourced ok.

I always add this line to my $HOME/.profile so that it is always sourced.

Don Davis  -  Instructor / Tivoli Certified Consultant
Visit our Web site at: http://www.apc-services.com