Re: I want to install NetView for Unix!!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: I want to install NetView for Unix!!!
From: Steve Thornhill <steve_thornhill@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:05:29 +0000
I tend to create temporary filesystems for the Tivoli parts of the install, then
remove them once Netview is up and running.

Steve Thornhill - IBM ETC
Int       - 255104
Ext      - 01705 565104
Mob   - 0378 289770
Email - steve_thornhill@uk.ibm.com

Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM> on 06/01/2000 02:05:03

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Steve Thornhill/UK/IBM)

Philip is right, you cannot do it. You will have to be brave and install
the Framework.
After that, you can pretty much turn it off and ignore it, if you like. You
can ask questions
here and get lots of help. But you have to read the release notes at least
twice before
starting, and you have to verify your IP address and name resolution before
beginning.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on 01/05/2000 08:20:02 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>