summary: Re: removing Netview installation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: summary: Re: removing Netview installation
From: Murilo Silva Monteiro <murilo@DCC.UFMG.BR>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:24:23 -0200
Hello,

I got two answers about "removing Netview installation". The following is a
summary about the suggestions I received and the results I got.

Thank you and regards,

--
  Murilo Silva Monteiro
  POP-MG/RNP Brazil

P.S.: is it usual to this list sending summary about any help we get from the
      list?

Summary

1) First answer
        Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:01:00 -0500
        From: Dean Grant <dgrant@AHOLDUSA.COM>

        1: Remove NetView from the system
        a) .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
        b) /usr/lpp/nv6000/remove_product/nv6000.base.obj.deinstal
        c) /usr/lpp/nv6000/remove_product/nv6000.features.obj.deinstal

        2: Remove installation flags
        a) rm -f $BINDIR/.installed/NVS*
        b) rm -f $DBDIR/.installed/NVS*
        c) cd $BINDIR/../../msg_cat/.installed
        d) rm -f NVS*

        3: Remove the netview command
        a) rm -f /usr/bin/netview
        4: Clean up the directory
        a) rm -fr /usr/OV/*

2) Second
        Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:27:27 +0000
        From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>

        Before trying Dean's suggestion for hand-deinstalling, if you still
        have your NetViewServer icon on your Tivoli Desktop, use the
        right-button menu -> Maintain and choose the option to de-install
        NetView.  This takes out most of the necessary bits from the Tivoli
        object database as well as removing NetView.  You may still need
        some of Dean's excellent suggestions, particularly removing the
        NetView files from the ".installed" directories.

        I do know this one is recoverable from - been there!

I made what Dean suggested, as I didn't have my NetViewServer icon on your
Tivoli Desktop, what would be necessary to implemente Jane's suggestion.

The scripts/programs 1.b and 1.c
        1: Remove NetView from the system
        b) /usr/lpp/nv6000/remove_product/nv6000.base.obj.deinstal
        c) /usr/lpp/nv6000/remove_product/nv6000.features.obj.deinstal
were not there anymore, so I proceeded with item 2.a.

The result was:
1) I could reinstall Netview and it is working now.
2) I could not install Nways Manager, as it issued some error messages
   related to Java. Unfortunately I didn't write down these messages.