Re: Node down ?!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node down ?!
From: Steve Francis <steve.francis@COMMSERV.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:45:38 -0800
A more reliable way to simulate node down, rahter than getting into when
/etc/hosts gets looked up, and what is cached internally, etc:
just add an incorrect host route for that node.

e.g.
route add -host 1.1.1.1  2.2.2.2 (where 1.1.1.1 is teh node you want to
simulate down, 2.2.2.2 is not your netview's router address, but some other
address on the local subnet.)