HSRP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: HSRP
From: Raymond Tuggle <rtuggle@BCBS-GA.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:57:10 -0500
Hello
    I am running Netview 5.1.2 on AIX.  I have set up the netsvc.conf
member so that it uses the host file followed by DNS.  I have added all
the interfaces for my routers to the host file with all interfaces on 1
router having the same name.  So all interfaces on one router are
wsr-router1, all interfaces on a second router are wsr-router2, etc.  I
did this from following some of the threads in this discussion group.
    However, I also have Cisco's HSRP defined on these interfaces.  When
I rediscover the map, Netview is using one of the HSRP hostnames and
address as the router's name instead of using the interface names.  It
is building an icon with the hostname of the HSRP address of one
interface.
    Should I put all the HSRP addresses in the seedfile so they aren't
discovered.  I believe the prefix in the seedfile is !.
    Thanks
    Raymond