Re: NetView Help doesn't start.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Help doesn't start.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:36:43 -0500
But the migration to 5.1 would require a re-install of the books.  They are not
migrated.  Did you do that?
And 5.1.1 has no code which impacts the books.   They aren't changed between
major releases.

On AIX  the default binary directory  is /usr/Tivoli/bin/aix4-r1/bin.  Yours
could be different, depending on the options you used at install time (echo
$BINDIR will show you what it is if you have sourced the Tivoli environment).
But wherever your Tivoli binray directory is, you should find dtext and dtextdde
there.
Do you have them?

And libdtlsit.a is in /usr/Tivoli/lib/aix4-r1 by default (or in $LIBDIR).  Is
that there?

If so, then you probably need to source the Tivoli environment before you start
the GUI  :
     .  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

Did you do that?

If they aren't there,  then you need to re-install the books

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Demets.Steven" <Demets.Steven@ARMY.MIL.BE> on 01/12/2000 09:08:06 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>