Re: snmpv2mib snmpv2mib.bin and trapd.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpv2mib snmpv2mib.bin and trapd.conf
From: Faruk Grozdanic <farukg@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:56:10 -0700
Phillip try this:

This method can be used to backup the database on an existing server weekly
or if there are two

systems that backup each other, this method can synch them.

The directories that should be copied are : databases, <ovsnmp> db, lrf,
rulesets, seedfile, and
ESE.automation.  Once we unpack that database on the new server and start
daemons, netmon can look for the same seedfile, and your rulesets should
work as well.  If you have notify on there you should pack that as well.
Also try to use
pax instead of tar because tar doesn't work well with hash files.

db source server:

cd /usr/OV
ovstop netmon
pax -wvf backup.pax databases/ lrf/ conf/rulesets conf/ovsnmp.conf_db
conf/ESE.automation <path>/seedfile
ovstart netmon
(you may think about oid_to_sym files as well, it depends if you defined
anything in there)

compress backup.pax
ftp the file to you destination server

db destination:
uncompress backup.pax.Z (in the /usr/OV dir of you dest. server)
ovstop nvsecd
pax -rvf backup.pax

ovstart OVORS_M
reset_ci
nvstat -cleanup
stopsrc -s snmpd  (to be safe, only on AIX)
ovstart ovwdb
mapadmin -u default:<hostname>
startsrc -s snmpd
xnmsnmpconf -clearCache
ovstart
nv6000

Faruk G.

Philip_Guerra@TIVOLI.COM@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU> on 01/13/2000 08:32:22 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>