How to use a background picture??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to use a background picture??
From: Andy Mindnich <MINDNICH@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:31:11 +0100
Hello,

I´m using Netview 5.1.1 on AIX 4.3.2.

I want to use a background picture in some of my maps. As described in
the online help, this should be quite easy. But when I select the gif file, no
matter if it´s a new one or one of the examples, netview crashes with
the following error code:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  19 (X_DeleteProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x6000019
  Serial number of failed request:  24507

[1] + Segmentation fault       ovw &

I´m working from a remote station with Linux and the DISPLAY variable
set to the X-server on the Linux system. When I use AIX as remote
console it seems to work.

Has anybody experience in using Netview with Linux as remote station??

     Thanks

          Andy Mindnich
          IBM Germany, STD Mainz