Réf. : Re: CW 2000 integration utility

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : Re: CW 2000 integration utility
From: Thierry Van Mol <thierry.van-mol@CIEV.VD.CH>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:35:20 +0100
On 15.01.2000 06:52:26 Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView wrote:
>At 4:54 PM +0100 1/14/00, Thierry Van Mol wrote:
>>The following link:
>>
>>http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/cisco/mkt/enm/cw2000/tech/cwnms_tb.htm
>>
>>mentions the CW 2000 integration utility which should take care of doing the
>>work usually

>David Kretzmer and I were just touching upon this in another thread
>here called "Re: CiscoWorks 2000 and NetView 5.1.2" (thanks, David!).
>As far as I can tell from reading the documentation at Cisco's site,
>two factors determine the availability of CiscoView:  the operating
>system and network management system.
>
>For the Unixes, CiscoView is only available for NetView under AIX.
>This doesn't seem to have changed in a while, either.

I read indeed this thread. In fact, the subject comes regularly back in
the discussion list. However there was some news about 1 year ago, when
someone from Cisco posted a message in the list saying that Cisco
was working on a way to "webify" CiscoView, and in the process will
come with a way to integrate it with Netview independantly of the platform.

Then in November 99, Cisco announced the new management suite called
Routed WAN Management. In the announce, they were talking of a new
way to integrate CiscoView 5.0 (which is indeed now
completely web based) with third party management tools. Someone
at Cisco told me that this new way will become available in
january.

Now, we are in january, and on the Cisco web I found this article
talking about a new "CW 2000 integration utility". However, the
article says that it will not be released by Cisco, but by the
third party.

So finding nothing new on Tivoli site, I was hoping that someone
at Tivoli could come with a date of availabilty for this package.

Thierry