Re: regarding the event forward from Netview to TEC (Urgent)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: regarding the event forward from Netview to TEC (Urgent)
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:40:12 -0500
Here's a re-post of one of James' that I save. Maybe you missed
some of these steps? I believe this is from the release notes.

There are two files, tecad_nv6k_tme.exe and tecad_nv6k_non_tme.exe.  You
are supposed to pick the one suitable for your environment and rename it to
just  tecad_nv6k.exe.   You must run the non_tme version unless you also
have a Tivoli framework on the NT box, which is not a requirement by itself
for NetView for NT.

Once you have chosen the correct adapter, you are supposed to
(1) cd \usrov\lrf
(2) ovaddobj tecad_nv6k.lrf

>From then on the adapter is a daemon and will start and run with ovstart
tecad_nv6k or just ovstart.

Detroit

Hi all
I installed Netview 5.1.1 on winnt 4.0 machine A. I installed TEC server
and
console 3.6.1 on another winnt 4.0 machine B.
On machine A i edited tecad_6v6k.conf file and gave

ServerLocation = machine B name
ServerPort= 5529

Is there anythig else need to be done before working configurating
Netview to forward events to TEC. tecad_nv6k daemon running ok.

Thanks a lot for youe help.

regards
sanjeev