Re: Options for nvevents

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Options for nvevents
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:01:22 -0600
I don't think that you can pass any parameters to "nvevents" when it is
invoked.  However, it does read the $HOME/NvEnvironment/Workspaces file when
it starts.  You could probably set up multiple versions of the Workspaces
file with the filters/rulesets you want, and then let the script copy the
right version to the location above before you invoke nvevents.  To create a
Workspaces file, just start nvevents, activate the filters/ruleset that you
want, select Save Environment from the Options pull-down menu, and close
nvevents.  It will write/update the Workspaces file in your home directory.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com