Sending popup (ovxecho) to NT machines...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Sending popup (ovxecho) to NT machines...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:52:08 PST
Hello All.

Could someone tell me if this is possible??

I have my Netview 5.1.1 Server (on AIX 4.2.1) sending popups (ovxecho's) to
the display (console).

However, the Server, and thus the console, are physically located in the
Computer room.

Is there any way that I can also direct this popup to a NT workstation.
Thus, if I am at my desk, I could be notifified?

Has anyone ever done anything like this??

Presently, in my script that calls ovxecho I have the following variable
set:  SCREEN="10.0.6.50:0" which is the IP address of the Netview Server.
Ideally, I would want to replace this with the IP address of my NT machine.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.