Re: NON_WELL_BEHAVED Tasks

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NON_WELL_BEHAVED Tasks
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:35:37 -0500
You may want to read about daemons in the NetView Diagnosis manual.
OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED is not  status but a permanent condition.  It means that
these daemons, while they are started by ovspmd, do not send him an
"initialization complete" message when they are finished initializing, as the
ones which are OVs_WELL_BEHAVED do.  This means that these daemons cannot have
any others as dependents.
So there is no error condition indicated here.  Are you having some problem
which you think this is related to?

One more thing, JMAintegrator, is not a NetView daemon, but part of some
3rd-party product you have installed on top of NetView.  I don't recognize it.
But if you are having a problem with it, you ill have to consult the
documentation for that product.  You can ask about it here of course, and see if
other users can help, but it is not part of NetView.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Bock <MJBock@DSTSYSTEMS.COM> on 01/20/2000 09:07:32 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>