Re: node down ruleset not paging.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: node down ruleset not paging.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:16:59 -0500
I'm confused, Arthur.   Can you run nvpage from the command line or not?  I did
not pursue that line since you said it worked from an automatic action in
trapd.conf.  If you are using a script, then you can put "set -x" as the first
executable line of the script and it will trace execution to nvaction.alog when
the ruleset is run.    If you think from that output that your nvpage command is
not working correctly, then I would set up the nvpagerd daemon with the -d
option so he traces his output to nvpagerd.alog.  You can just edit the osvuf
file and put the -d between the two colons which precede OVs_WELL_BEHAVED, like
this

0:nvpagerd:/usr/OV/bin/nvpagerd:OVs_YES_START:nvsecd:-d:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:60:::

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support