MLM and TRAPD

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MLM and TRAPD
From: Gregory Adams <gadams@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 06:56:38 -0500
Hello, I  am running NV6000 5.1.2 on AIX 4.3.2 along with MLM v
05.00.0002.0000
I have configured  the mlm trap reception table to use port 162 TCP and
UDP. I have  configured TRAPD to listen on port 165 TCP and UDP. I have a
couple of questions about this configuration.

1. Do both TRAPD and MLM receive unsolicited traps ? Or does the mlm trap
destination table and filter tables control what TRAPD sees ?

2. When netmon is configured to allow mlm to do status polling what is the
flow of status traps ?

Thankyou,
       Greg Adams