Re: Problem with limiting discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with limiting discovery
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:45:49 -0500
Seed file usage is not automatic.  You have to configure netmon to use a seed
file.  Did you do that on the box where this is failing?  Do  ps -ef | grep
netmon and see if the correct seed file is in use.  If not, then configure the
daemon with SMIt or the Tivoli desktop.  But then you must clear the databases
and start again.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Evankovich, Debra A" <devanko@MTPOWER.COM> on 01/23/2000 02:23:09 PM