Problem with limiting discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with limiting discovery
From: "Evankovich, Debra A" <devanko@MTPOWER.COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:23:09 -0700
Hello,

I have two servers (Prod. and Devl.) that are running AIX 4.2.1 with NetView
5.1.2 and Nways.  I installed the NetView software on Devl. for 5.1, but I
migrated from 5.0 to 5.1 on the Prod. box.  This is the only difference in
the software that I can think of.

On the Development server I've limited network discovery with a seedfile
containing the line '!@oid 0'.  This works well and has eliminated the
discovery of non-SNMP nodes.

I use the /etc/seedfile copied from Devl. on the Prod. server.  The results
are not the same--all nodes are still discovered on Prod.
I've tried to delete the database and rediscover.  I don't know what to try
next.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks for your help!

Debra