Re: Rediscovering a device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rediscovering a device
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:51:48 -0500
Just to add a bit to Ray's append, here's the general procedure you are looking
for.  Leslie Clark posted it awhile ago.  Her slogan, if I remember it
correctly, is "Cut from ONE map but delete from ALL submaps".   Ray's ovtopofix
-U procdure should put the contents of the topology datbase on the map so you
can do it again.

To thoroughly delete the node for rediscovery:
 -  ovstop netmon
-  delete the node (from all submaps)
-  if you have other maps besides the 'default' map, open them and delete it
    from those maps as well.
-  ovtopofix -a
    (if you have more than one map with different contents, use ovtopofix -A)
-  ovstart
-  after netmon has gotten caught up with its initialization (i.e. it responds
    request for a demandpoll of a node), then ping the node you want to discover
    or if it is in the seed file netmon will find it on its own.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM> on 01/24/2000 10:45:15 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>