Simple agent

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Simple agent
From: Bob Stamm <Robert_Stamm@RES.RAYTHEON.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:22:45 -0500
I am an engineer for Raytheon Co.  Here we build Air Traffic Control
Systems and I have
installed NetView for a demo of how we might use it for Control and
Monitoring of the DEC
Alpha Unix boxes (now Compaq Computers) we use to power our ATC Controller
consoles.

What I wonder is if anyone has a sample simple agent (written in C) that
can be used by me
to query stuff in the MIB and periodically report to NetView a status of
some MIB variable.
Upon receipt of this event I'd like to change a symbol representing the
status of that agent.
I'd probably only run the agent on a single workstation since I have to put
it into an operational
ATC installation in Munich and I'm sure I'll have limited access to their
equipment.

Is there a source of information (sample code) that I can refer to to help
me put together a
quick demo?  The only resources I've got are a demo copy of NetView atnd my
own wits ...
A piece of working samplle code would go a long way to help me pull this
off.

Bob