Re: Error reading background file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Error reading background file
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:57:57 -0500
All symbols are processed whether you are using them or not,
so you have to clean all of them up to get rid of that error. There have
been many references to this problem in the last few months if you
search the listserver archive. There are a couple of different problems
causing this message.

Hello,

I recently updated some of our Cisco view information in NetView and since
the upgrade, I have started to received the following message when the
system starts up:

Error during reading background file.  Press Ok.

Everything seems to work fine (i.e. the devices all have icons).  We don't
use back ground bitmaps (at least not yet).  I am assuming this is related
to the bitmaps in the /usr/OV/bitmaps/C directory.  When I do a NetView
-config, I get the same message and it appears to be after a particular
file
that is being worked on.

My question is what order does the NetView -config process the bitmaps.  I
assumed that it was top to bottom from the oid_to_sym file, but based on
the
order of the symbols being processed, it does not appear to be so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick