Configuring a Netview Backup Manager

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Configuring a Netview Backup Manager
From: Steve deSouza <stevie@OSIX.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:40:13 +0930
Hi all,
     I'm interested in knowing how to configure BAckup Manager. Have been
     Administer->Backup->Backup Configuration and it LOOKS pretty straight
forward.

     But is it ????

     We want to get some sort of backup mechanism where if the primary nv
server goes down, the secondary will kick in.

     Also, has anyone done high availability with netview??? This sounds
pretty tricky, if at all possible.

     Is it a case of having 2 netview servers . Then configuring all of the
primary servers containers in the MANAGER CONFIGURATION dialog box to
ACTIVE and the backup servers to BACKUP?

     Any ideas would be great.

          cheers

          steve