Re: Configuring a Netview Backup Manager

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Configuring a Netview Backup Manager
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:47:23 -0600
Steve deSouza wrote:

>      We want to get some sort of backup mechanism where if the primary nv
> server goes down, the secondary will kick in.

You can do this if you are running your servers on AIX.  AIX has a
component
called HACMP that will allow you to define resources (like IP addresses,
and
filesystems) that fail over to a backup machine.  You will have to run a
custom takeover script when the machine fails over, but it is doable.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management