Re: NetView NT Access to SQL migration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView NT Access to SQL migration
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 05:55:41 -0800
There's a create_sqldb.bat in the
\usr\ov\database\odbc directory.  I haven't done this
before; I think all you have to do is create a
database device, and run the script.  Afterward you
probably want to manually create the DSN's under the
ODBC settings, I don't think the batch file will do
that for you.  That should be it, you may want to take
a look at the .sql scripts under \usr\ov\database\odbc
directory also.

--- Ken Guettler <Ken.Guettler@MARYVILLE.COM> wrote:
> I have recently installed NetView for NT v5.1.1 on
> an NT server system which
> did not have SQL loaded.  We would like to install
> SQL and use that for the
> database now.  Is there an relatively simple process
> to migrate the database
> from the default ACCESS to use SQL or do I have to
> reinstall?
>
> Thank you for any input.
>

> Ken
>
> > Maryville Technologies(tm)