Re: error backgroud file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: error backgroud file
From: Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:19:08 -0600
Yes.  In fact I just finished solving this one on our system.  From what I
have gathered from the mail list, this is caused be a bitmap file that is
corrupt or missing (typically in the /usr/OV/bitmaps/C directory).

In my case, after I installed updates for the Cisco Catalyst 6009, I
received that message.  I narrowed it down to the MSM (wsx6302msm) is the
file I believe was bad.  Ray Schafer, one of the other readers, was kind
enough to send me a copy of the files he used.

I fixed the problem originally by modifying the /usr/OV/symbols/C/CVTYPE
file.  I found the section that talked about the wsx6302 and changed the
file to point to the RSM from the Catalyst 5000 series and that worked
around the problem.

If you want to determine which file has the problem, do the following:
1.  Become root
2.  Stop netmon (ovstop netmon)
3.  NetView -config
4.  Look through the output to find a file that has an error in it (mine
scrolled off the screen really quick, so you may want to pipe it through
more).
5.  Fix the appropriate file.

I found one family of switches that I missed on my initial upgrades last
night.  When I applied the update, I got the same problem again.  I copied
the new bitmaps over and they worked great.

Patrick