Re: Seedfile not working ? RESOLVED

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Seedfile not working ? RESOLVED
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:31:43 -0500
Good, Luca. Now just remember that the object count as shown by
ovobjprint -S will eventually rise to include those excluded nodes,
but they are just stub objects. Be sure to keep the cache setting
for ovwdb high enough to cover them all, even though they go away
when you do an ovtopofix. To get a realistic node count when using
!@oid entries in the seedfile, use ovtopodump -l for summary info.

Detroit

Thanks for your quick reply Leslie.

I followed your advice, so far so good !
After deletion, nv6k rediscovered ~200 nodes, but none of them are win95
devices,
which is far better than yesterday.

I went from approx 13000 objects down to 7000 in the DB.

Thanks again !
Cheers,
Luca