Re: NetView over XWindows?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView over XWindows?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:33:56 -0500
There are only two kinds of  NT "clients" you can have for an AIX server running
NetView.  You can use the web browser on NT, either IE or Netscape, to run a
NetView web client, or you can install an X-emulator and telnet into an AIX
NetView server or AIX NetView client.    The NetView client on NT cannot connect
to a NetView for UNIX server, because the underlying structure is too different.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@yahoo.com> on 02/04/2000 11:48:56 AM

Please respond to patrick_mcneil@yahoo.com