Re: snmpdx agent on Solaris 7 - SOLUTION

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpdx agent on Solaris 7 - SOLUTION
From: Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:37:08 +1000
Hi Elizabeth,
     thanks for your reply. Before you get too excited with the solution, there
is well, one minor or major hitch depending on what you want to do.
There is a bug in the agent which has existed there for years and still doesn't
appear to be resolved in Sol 7, if you are trying to set any values within the
system group, these entries will be set in the agent and be available for
queries BUT will not get written to the /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf file :-(

The result of this is that when the agent is restarted (via reboot etc), any
values in the system group will be lost. Currently the only way to set these
permanently is to edit the snmpd.conf file.

I hope this does not put a fatal dampner on your plans.

Mark :-)

Elizabeth Bagley <Ebagley2@AOL.COM> on 05/02/2000 15:07:39

<NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>