Re: RULSET editor ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RULSET editor ???
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:27:11 -0500
Events processed by a ruleset are raw.  The formatting that trapd does is not
available through a ruleset, but the Event Attribute does have things like
Severity, Category and so on.  But the formatted text is not available.  (Nice
enhancement.  Maybe someday).

You may find that it is easier to do what you want by processing the trapd.log
after the fact, rather than trying to use a ruleset, unless you are willing to
change your mind and format it yourself by pulling the format out of trapd.conf
.

Since NetView events have their default formatted text present in var 3 they are
seldom the problem.  I suspect it is agent traps you wish to format .

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU> on 02/08/2000 12:08:23 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>