Re: RULSET editor ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RULSET editor ???
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:02:33 -0500
Sorry, but not 6.0.   The code freeze for new function in 6.0 was some time in
late October I think, when it entered Verification.  Once there and the
regression testing began, only bugs got fixed until it went to manufacturing and
then to beta customers.
It becomes  GA (generally available) on Feb. 25.   If  your maintenance contract
is current, send a note to swdist@tivoli.com with all the usual information
(customer number, company name, shipping information and personal contact,
phone, and they will send it to you as soon as they can.

My remarks were not meant to hint that this function is under construction, just
that I realize it would be nice to have, nor are  you  the first person to ask
for it, but it is not in a release plan that I know about at this time.  If you
want to emphasize that it should be, then you may call Support and open a formal
request, or make an informal one to netview@tivoli.com.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU> on 02/08/2000 12:35:26 PM