Recreating Web Icons

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Recreating Web Icons
From: Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:34:34 -0600
OK, so we are trying to get the web interface correctly working and we have
some icons that don't show up (just a place holder with an IP address /name
underneath).  Reading the instructions / searching the archive, I found the
appropriate procedure is to run command ovw -webconfig.  When I do that, I
get a window that flashes on the screen and then get core dump.  Doing some
more research I find that if the files get corrupt, the process is to remove
all the gif files from the images directory, so I did that.  I still get the
same thing. Core dump.

If I run the xdb command, I see the images that it is creating in a window,
but then Segmentation fault occurs.

With nothing in the Images directory, it starts creating files
(Connector_Generic.20.gif, etc).  If I move the files that were in the
images directory back (since I did not feel comfortable just deleting the
files) it starts with the Cisco files.

To make it a little more complicated, if I run the command when the symbols
file does not exist (since the first time I moved the files, I forgot to
remake the file) it appears to process all the files correctly.  It displays
them all in a slideshow type flashing (about 4-5 a second) with a message
about cannot write file.  From what I was able to gather, it appears that
the images look correct (or at least close the standard NetView images).

My question is how do I get around this problem?
Is there a manual set of commands I can run to create the gifs (i.e. write a
script to convert to gif all files in a directory)?

It looks like there is some corruption somewhere besides in the images files
since even the default NetView images are not created.

Thanks,

Patrick