Strange TRAPs from 3Com Superstacks II ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Strange TRAPs from 3Com Superstacks II ???
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:03:31 -0500
Netview 5.1.2 Sol 2.6

I have 3Com Superstack II switches and have loaded the mibs and
extracted and loaded the trap definitions.

I receive traps from these devices indicting the enterprize ID of
1.3.6.1.2.1.11 (mib2-snmp) not 3Com.

The raw trap also indicates the same ID.

Looking at the generic and specific numbers from the traps, indicate
authentication failure and link up/dn traps.

Am I missing something or do I have to extract traps from the mib-2 mib
so they show up under the above ID.

Any ideas out there.

Jeff Fitzwater
CIT Systems and Networking