Re: AW: working with Collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: working with Collections
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:39:05 -0500
I recently migrated a customer from V4 to V5.1.2 including their database
and found that on the old system as well as the new one, unmanaging a node
with a single interface did NOT unmanage the interface as well. I attribute
this
to some sort of database corruption introduced early in V4, since they had
been using the same database for years without rediscovery. I did a test
rediscovery to verify that it worked properly on a new database (unmanage
the node and the interface gets unmanaged too), and restored their old
database with the recommendation that they rediscover before calling
support about any map or topology problems. An interesting side effect of
this 'corruption' was that they were able to delete a node from one map
and have it disappear from a second map automatically when it was next
opened. They like that feature and may never rediscover on account of it!

Detroit
Hallo Dietmar,

I think is is normal that the Interfaces are not acknowledge if you ack.
the
Device. You must each and every one Interface ack. But if you are a Device
set to unmanaged all Interfaces are unmanaged.

Gruus Dirk