Re: trap daemon: can it receive SNMPv2 and SNMPv1 traps?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: trap daemon: can it receive SNMPv2 and SNMPv1 traps?
From: "Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers@HITT.NL>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:37:51 +0100
James,

First of all, when I talk about SNMPv1 and SNMPv2, I use the phrases used in
Dave Perkins book understanding MIB's.
A v2 trap there has the SNMP type a7.
That type we saw coming from a UCD agent. We try to set it(the agent) to
SNMPv1 traps(should be possible according the man page) but that didn't
work, no traps at all were sent then.
So we're forced to v2 by the UCD agent.
In the event window(control desk) we see: "FMT ERROR: accessing element #2,
only 1 available" and "FMT ERROR: accessing element #4, only 1 available"
for a trap(type a7).
Because we're not quite sure about the values in the var binds I raised this
question.
Hope this clarifies the question.

THanks.
Laurens Rauwers