Re: integration NV & BMC Patrol

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: integration NV & BMC Patrol
From: Margit Holzwarth <Margit.Holzwarth@RWSO.DE>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:06:32 +0100
We do it the other way round: We send snmp traps from NetView (more exactly from
a shell skript iniciated by a ruleset) to Patrol. Here we use the PatrolAgent on
the NetView server and PatrolView as an interface to our trouble ticket system
(ARS).

But it is also possible to send snmp traps from a PatrolAgent (local or remote)
to NetView. You have to configure the snmp agent of Patrol, send snmp traps to
the host and port where NetView is listening (see documentation of PSL language
and Patrol KM for Unix).

Margit

Rob Rhodes <Rob_Rhodes@VENCOR.COM> on 10.02.2000 15:41:51

Bitte antworten an Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>