Re: Remote Access by Linux

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Remote Access by Linux
From: Andy Mindnich <MINDNICH@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:34:53 +0100
Sorry, if this is the second time, you are reading this mail, but
because I got an error message from the list server the first time,
I'm not shure if the mail has been sent to the list...

Original text:

Hi Marcelo,
Yes, I´m using this over a LAN.
We´ve got an ATM-backbone with attached Token Ring segments.
The Netview station ist attached directly to the backbone and my
notebook is connected with one of the Token Ring segments.
I open an telnet session to the management station (AIX)
and all I have to do is an
#> export DISPLAY=x.x.x.x:0
with x.x.x.x the ip address of my notebook. Then I can start just the usual
user interface... (remember to give the management station
access to your local X-server).

It´s just the same like on any other X system.

Bye

     Andy