Re: Remote Access by Linux

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Remote Access by Linux
From: Andy Mindnich <MINDNICH@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:57:36 +0100
Hi Don,
I´m working all day from a Linux Station with LAN connection. It works quite
well.
It takes less than 30sec to start the map gui, with navigation tree and tool
window.
After that you can use it almost as a local installation.
One strange thing remains. When I define a background picture for a submap, it
displays correctly on a AIX machine. But if I try to open this map on my Linux
machine (with XFree Server) the gui crahes with an error message of the
X-server...

I would also always prefer a Unix, rather than using an emulator.

     Andy Mindnich