Re: Netview for AIX v6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview for AIX v6
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 06:56:43 -0500
Answers below

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Marc Dinnauer <Marc_Dinnauer@NOTES.FH.COM> on 02/16/2000 05:15:59 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Subject:  Netview for AIX v6

Questions about the imminent release of Netview 6.0

Will it support AIX v4.33 or higher?
>> Yes
What time frame is expected release?
>> GA is Feb 27
Are there limitations on RS6000 CPU or bus? Compatible with an R24? An R40? An
F50?
>> NO.  But a better box gets you better performance
Where can we get the media most quickly?
>>  You must order it.  You can do so now from your local Tivoli marketing rep
or swdist@tivoli.com
What are the new capabilities?
>>  Sorry.  Too numerous to mention.  But three come to mind: (a) universal web
client, completely rewritten, usable for both UNIX and NT, and can be run on the
server as a Java app if you prefer. (b) Submap Explorer from NT ported to UNIX
(also Java app) (c) Location sensitive topology -- the ability to specify in
advance that you want the network partitioned into location containers to better
manage the map.  There are lots of small improvements -- more ifTypes supported,
better handling of HSRP.
What are the new web browser accessible functions and features?
>> See above.  We no longer use the Apache server and the new client is much
more robust and stable.
I have heard over the last 6 months the release date is scheduled for March 1st,
2000.
>> See above
Is this correct? Is there a website or list with more information?
>> I have no idea what is on www.tivoli.com.  I don't follow marketing doc.
Sorry,  But you can always look
Is Framework still mandatory? Which versions?
          Thanks!