Re: Netview discovers 2212´s in status unknown

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview discovers 2212´s in status unknown
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:20:46 -0500

When the symbol is generic it means either that SNMP is not responding on that
box or the type is missing from the oid-to-type file.  I'd bet on the former to
start with.  Try an snmpwalk of the devices and see what you get back.  If snp
is not running on those boxes, start it, and make sure the community name is
"public" or that you have it configured in xnmsnmpconf correctly.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Wouter de_Bruin <W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL> on 02/17/2000 10:05:37 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>