Netview authentication failure on community name

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview authentication failure on community name
From: Indy <indy.chakrabarti@ewllc.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:50:11 -0600
I have Netview 5.1.2 on AIX 4.3.2.

I continually get an event that says I have an authentication failure on the
node on which Netview is installed due to a bad community name. Yet I see
that the node shows as "managed", and that snmpd is running on it, and I can
do an snmpwalk. The community name is set to public for my entire network,
and I can see the other nodes on the network w/o bad community name
problems. My snmp.conf and snmp.peers file looks okay too. And Netview seems
to run fine, despite this supposed bad community name. What causes this? And
how can I turn of this trap so I don't get this error?

Thanks.