Re: Netview event on TEC console

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview event on TEC console
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:22:22 -0500
Ok, now I understand.  You are talking about console configuration within TEC so
you can see events, not about changing the rule base so they will be parsed
correctly.

I think the idea there was that you would simply add nvserverd to those filter
configurations.  As they ship with TEC, they are set up for the tecad_nv6k
adapter which TEC ships.  I doubt that your predecessors  had  any thing to do
with the issue.  You are correct that NetView doc does not tell you how to
configure the TEC console, and that they expect you will look at the wtdumprl
output and decide what to do, just as you would for any other new event source.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Gutteridge <mikeg@HALCYON.COM> on 02/23/2000 01:10:57 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>