MLM Installation on NT,

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MLM Installation on NT,
From: Chris Dailey <Chris.Dailey@EVERGREENSYS.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:18:46 -0500
Greetings everyone,

I'm having a strange kickout error I've never seen while installing an
attended MLM.  In a nutshell, the NT NetView Server is installed and
operational, however, when I run the MLM setup it fails in the following
manner:  Brings up the first screen to unpack setup files into a temp
directory -> click on Finish -> kicks out with no error.  It hourglasses for
perhaps 20 seconds, but for lack of it leaving any information to
troubleshoot this with I haven't been able to surmise what is causing the
problem.  It should bring up another screen and finish after 2 or 3 more
"next" clicks but this doesn't happen.  NetView server is up to 5.1.2 and
MLM is being installed from the 5.1.2 CD.

For background we've just installed 4 other attended MLMs on NT servers that
are made from the same image as this one that's failing.  So,
understandably, I'm a little perplexed and looking to see if maybe it's some
obscure setting that somehow was changed which someone may be able to point
me to.  All the best,

        Chris Dailey
        Sr ESM Consultant - TEC
        Evergreen Systems