Re: Netview 6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 6
From: Scott Hammons <SHammons@MCBRIDE.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:39:20 -0700
Joe,

I'm not sure what the new pricing is going to do with the existing
installations of NetView.   Here is the break points based on the pricing
announcement letter I saw:

Network Tier 1-Routers with 25 or less ports; Switches with port density of
50 or less Ethernet ports.

Network Tier 2-Routers with 26-50 ports; Switches with port density of
51-100 Ethernet ports

Network Tier 3-Routers with 51+ ports; Switches with port density of 101+
Ethernet ports; All ATM, Frame Realy and all other WAN backbone switches.

Based on this pricing metric for NetView, I'm would also like to know how
this affects the current customers who are using earlier versions of Netview
to manage their existing network.

Scott Hammons
McBride and Associates
Site Management Services Consultant