Re: status monitoring from TME10 NetView via mlm

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: status monitoring from TME10 NetView via mlm
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:38:20 -0600
You still need to have it on.  NetView (netmon) and the MLMs automatically
"share" status polling.  Netmon polls every MLM to make sure it's still
working.  If it's not, you'll see an "MLM Down" trap, and netmon
automatically takes over the status polling for the nodes that the MLM was
polling.  When the MLM is back up, you'll see an "MLM Up" trap, and netmon
gives the status polling back to the MLM.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com