Re: Understanding the History Event's messages!!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Understanding the History Event's messages!!!
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:57:26 -0500
Marcelo --

I don't understand what you are asking.  Is there some part of my append  you
did not understand?

You look on the event card for this event.  It will tell you the specific id
number ( I think it is 58982401, but you should check).  With this information
you go the NetView Administrator's manual, to the Appendix, and look up the
description of this event.   That's where the meaning of this event is given.

 The same information, although abbreviated if it is very long, should appear in
the DESCRIPTION section of trapd.conf where this event is defined.  So if you
don't have the book handy, or don't want to bring up the on-line books, you can
get some idea of what this trap means by bringing up xnmtrap and looking at the
description for this event.

If this doesn't help, please try to explain again what you are looking for.  I
don't know what else to tell you.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Marcelo Pastre <mpastre@POWER.UFSCAR.BR> on 03/02/2000 12:30:06 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>