Re: Failure to retrive data from the database server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Failure to retrive data from the database server
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:49:51 -0600
Weelong,

I had the same problem if you ar using CDE and AIX.  What we had to do was to
make sure we had the en_US message catalog (maybe different languages would be
OK) set for the keyboard, and everything else.  I am a bit fuzzy on the
specific smit screen, and I apologize, but it was something like set language
environment.  We had to stop dt and restart it, and then the messages and
problem went away.

Support knew what do do right away.  If you are using AIX and CDE, just let
them know the specifics.  It was an easy fix.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management