Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:59:00 -0500
Faruk -

I don't propose to debate you here but is highly unlikely that we will ever load
ALL Cisco MIBs and traps.  That would make both the snmpmib file and the
trapd.conf file so large that in some environments they may prove to be a
performance problem.   The last time I ran the Cisco addtrap script it added
over 400 traps, making Cisco the largest enterprise by far, and it more than
doubled the size of trapd.conf.  Not even NetView itself has that many.  Perhaps
that has changed.

However, it is not unreasonable to expect that in a future release we will deal
with the most commonly used MIBs and traps, which is why I asked for people to
send me their list of what those are in a previous append.

As am IBMer, I trust you are already well -aware of how to make a request to
development to make your views known.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Faruk Grozdanic <farukg@US.IBM.COM> on 03/03/2000 03:07:03 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>